Who Should Take This Course:
New users and developers of GE Intelligent Platforms iFIX software who will be developing, configuring and using iFIX
This course is designed to provide a good working knowledge of iFIX. Valuable hands-on lab exercises are provided to guide students through the building and modification of the iFIX application using many components of the software
User level knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems is preferred. Familiarity with process control and your application will also be helpful.
• Understand communication between iFIX SCADA Servers and iFIX iClient nodes
• Configure iFIX nodes using the System Configuration Utility
• Configure I/O Drivers to communicate with iFIX
• Create and modify standard Process Database tags
• Create graphic screens (pictures) using a wide variety of object types and animations
• Design and build a picture navigation strategy
• Create basic scripts using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
• Configure alarming and create screens to monitor and acknowledge alarms
• Use trending to monitor both real-time and historical data
• Design and build a system-wide security strategy
• Use a variety of iFIX Utilities and Operating System administrative options to troubleshoot
project or system faults
Course Length: 4 Days
Facility Information, Policies & Additional Information:
Please select your location below for detailed facility information, local hotel accommodations, and directions:
Training will begin at 8:30 am and run to approximately 4:30 pm. Office doors open at 8:00 am, and morning pastries, lunch, and snacks will be provided throughout the day. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and we will be more than happy to accommodate them.
Wireless internet will be available, and all training laptops, equipment, and materials will be provided.
Cancellation Policy: If your plans or budgets change, you may cancel your registration up to 15 calendar days prior to the start of the course without incurring a cancellation or rescheduling fee. Limited enrollment requires us to charge up to 75% of the tuition for cancellations received within 14 days of the scheduled start date. 100% of the tuition will be charged for a failure to attend without 24-hour notice, or for leaving a class prematurely.
GE Intelligent Platforms and AutomaTech reserve the right to cancel a class at least 2 weeks prior to the course's start date. In this event of a cancellation, you will be notified immediately and a full refund of the course tuition will be provided. GE Intelligent Platforms and AutomaTech are NOT responsible for any non-refundable travel arrangements.
Substitutions are accepted until the first day of class and free of charge. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org confirm your substitution.
Student Travel & Living Expenses are the responsibility of the customer and are not included as part of your tuition fee. GE Intelligent Platforms and AutomaTech reserves the right to cancel a class at least 2 weeks prior to the course's start date. In the event of a cancellation, GE intelligent Platforms and AutomaTech are NOT RESPONSIBLE for any travel-related expenses and/or non-refundable airline tickets. Therefore, we encourage you NOT to make any non-refundable travel arrangements more than 2 weeks in advance of the training class.