This 3-day course familiarizes the student with operating in the GE View Machine Edition development environment, the QuickPanel+ machine level operator interface, creating operator interface graphical panels, writing scripts, configuring alarm & logging schemes, and running Projects on the operator interface device. Students are also introduced to the built-in Data Historian, Web Publishing, and Web Documents. An experienced instructor guides the student using demonstrations and hands on lab exercises.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for programmers, operators, and application designers who are beginning to work with the QuickPanel+ Operator Interface that is programmed using GE View, who will be tasked with developing, modifying, and maintaining Operator Interface applications.
Are there any prerequisites?
Participants should be comfortable operating in a Microsoft Windows environment, and have a basic understanding of control fundamentals.
Upon completion of this Course, you should be able to:
- Describe the basic functions and benefits of a machine level operator interface.
- Identify and navigate the various components of the Machine Edition Development Environment.
- Create, open, and modify GE View Operator Interface Projects using the various Machine Edition tools.
- Utilize the Panel Editor and drawing tools to generate, animate, and control OI graphical Panels.
- Create Application, Panel, and Button Scripts, utilizing help tools to find commands, keywords, and functions.
- Configure Alarm Groups.
- Log and analyze data.
- Configure security for users and access the advanced features of the View Runtime.
- Configure information for Web Access using Web Publishing.
- Create Custom Web documents for access by remote clients.
- Configure the View Historian Collector to archive device data.
- Download Operator Interface Applications to the QuickPanel+ operator interface.
Tuition: $1,900 billed in advance with Check, Credit Card or Purchase Order
Facility Information, Policies & Additional Information:
Please select your location below for detailed facility information, local hotel accommodations, and directions:
Training will begin at 8:30 am and run to approximately 4:30 pm. Office doors open at 8:00 am, and morning pastries, lunch, and snacks will be provided throughout the day. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions, and we will be more than happy to accommodate them.
Wireless internet will be available, and all training laptops, equipment, and materials will be provided.
Cancellation Policy: If your plans or budgets change, you may cancel your registration up to 15 calendar days prior to the start of the course without incurring a cancellation or rescheduling fee. Limited enrollment requires us to charge up to 75% of the tuition for cancellations received within 14 days of the scheduled start date. 100% of the tuition will be charged for a failure to attend without 24-hour notice, or for leaving a class prematurely.
GE Digital and AutomaTech reserve the right to cancel a class at least 2 weeks prior to the course's start date. In this event of a cancellation, you will be notified immediately and a full refund of the course tuition will be provided. GE Digital and AutomaTech are NOT responsible for any non-refundable travel arrangements.
Substitutions are accepted until the first day of class and free of charge. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org confirm your substitution.
Student Travel & Living Expenses are the responsibility of the customer and are not included as part of your tuition fee. GE Digital and AutomaTech reserves the right to cancel a class at least 2 weeks prior to the course's start date. In the event of a cancellation, GE intelligent Platforms and AutomaTech are NOT RESPONSIBLE for any travel-related expenses and/or non-refundable airline tickets. Therefore, we encourage you NOT to make any non-refundable travel arrangements more than 2 weeks in advance of the training class.