Proficy Change Management
For companies to stay competitive they must keep their automation systems running securely and efficiently. Proficy Change Management assists in monitoring your software and data assets, protecting against device failure or operator error and meeting government regulatory requirements. With its centralize storage and client server system, your plant information is backed up and available so you can be sure your system is running smoothly and safely.
Challenged by regulations and compliance programs? Proficy Change Management can help you meet documentation, version control and audit trail regulations for your industry. It can be installed and used no matter the underlying infrastructure types and also brings a wide range of features to help increase your operational efficiency.
- Increased Plant Uptime
- Improved Engineering Processes
- Reduced Engineering and Maintenance Costs
- Improved Safety, Security and Regulatory Requirements
- Protection of Key Information Assets
- Improved Product Quality
- Reduced Risk
- Version Control ensures that only one person at a time is making changes to the system and archives the versions once those changes are made—providing the ability to revert to a previous version.
- Security enables you to monitor and control who has access to what function—reducing the number of errors that occur due to unauthorized access. It also enables you to set up a permission hierarchy by roles, which eliminates the need to establish permissions for every employee.
- Audit Trails and Reports allow you to track what has been happening with programs and devices in your plant, automatically providing the “who, what, when, where and why” information of events taking place throughout your operation.
- Automated Scheduling, Notification and Reporting allows you to check the integrity of what is happening on a regularly scheduled basis. It automatically reviews server files and compares them to what is running, providing notification of any discrepancies through regular automated reporting.
- Electronic Signatures enable you to gain additional control over changes in your plant by allowing you to enforce authorization to make changes to your devices and projects. This functionality can help you meet regulations such as 21 CFR Part 11 or NERC and improve your Good Manufacturing Practice.
- HTML Interface & Plant Layout allows you to customize the end-user interface to match your plant’s needs. This powerful point-and-click interface makes accessing projects and devices as easy as surfing the net, helping simplify the interface for your end users, thus reducing errors and the need for training.
- Extensive Product Support. Proficy Change Management is pre-configured to support a variety of commonly used software and devices in the industrial environment, including GE Fanuc, Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens and many more. It can also manage any file type such as documents, spreadsheets, drawings and more with our easy-to-use Wizard for a complete plant or factory asset management system.
- Built Into GE Fanuc Proficy HMI/SCADA. Because the client is built right into the CIMPLICITY Workbench and the iFIX workspace, you can now manage your HMI/SCADA application quickly and easily. Check out picture files, screens files, or other components, compare versions of screens or configurations, or compare entire projects.
White Paper: Establishing Change Management to Reduce Total Cost of Ownership
For product information contact your AutomaTech Business Development Manager today.
For additional product information visit GE Intelligent Platforms web site.